Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All the Chicks Are Looking Up

Three Chicks by Petr Kratochvil
When I was thinking about what to write in my blog, I went looking through pictures and saw these two photos.  What would possess a person to line up some man-made chicks and then photograph them?  I dunno, but it is genius, at least to me.  Where's the story here?


All the chicks are looking up.  But why?  What do they see, that I cannot?  Perhaps the full moon or near full moon?  The same moon causing me to write about inanimate objects as if they were real? Are they looking for something?  Hoping they can find it looking up instead of down and around them.





Yellow Chicks by Petr Kratochvil
It makes me think of myself looking up to the sky, searching for answers or searching for a glimpse of heaven.  I'm not exactly sure where heaven is, but I assume it is up.  So I will look.  When I take walks, I look towards the sky because I am so aware of who God is in my life.  His presence and His purpose.  It fills me with wonder.  Psalm 89:6 says, "For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD?  Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?"  I suppose I do not have a deep theological reason for looking up, for my faith is pretty simple.  Kind of childlike.  I suppose that's why I find an affinity with these little chicks.  


When I am searching for God or for answers to life's questions, I prefer to do this on my own with Him.  Others tend to trip me up with their theological brains.  Can I just love Jesus and let Him work through me?  Can I just read my Bible and trust God to lead me to the correct conclusions?  Do I have to know all there is to know about all the great spiritual minds out there on the planet?  Do I have to replace the awe and wonder of the Trinity with the ideas, writings, and conclusions of others?  I do not mean to discredit or put down theology, but sometimes I think I can over think things instead of going right to the source. 


When Jesus walked the earth, he had a group of 12 men who traveled with him everywhere.  Of those 12, Jesus had his closest friends Peter, James and John.  Another look at these pictures and I notice the number of birds.  The top picture has 3 birds and the other has 11.  Hmm... could these birds represent the disciples looking for Jesus after his ascension?  Could the disciples just be in awe and wonder for a moment?  When Jesus ascended, He entrusted His kingdom to some normal folks.  They had walked with Jesus and learned from Him.  They were in awe of Him.  Is it okay for me to just walk with Him and learn from Him just as the disciples did?



Link to photos:  
Three Chicks:"http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=5747&picture=three-chicks">Three Chicks</a> by Petr Kratochvil
Yellow Chicks: "http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=5748&picture=yellow-chicks">Yellow Chicks</a> by Petr Kratochvil


No comments:

Post a Comment