Friday, September 9, 2011

It’s about Time…

So, I’ve been thinking about blogging and I have taken the time to build the blog site.  But…here I sit staring at a blank screen wondering what in the world do I have to say?  Puzzling… there is so much going on in my life, but does anyone really want to read about it?  Maybe… let’s give it a whirl.

What I am really doing is stalling for time.  There is a phone call I need to make, but I am afraid to make it.  So if I make myself busy enough with creating this blog, it will be too late to call.  It’s Friday night, I’m sure they are out for a night on the town because that is what people do, right?  Even though, I am at home on a Friday night writing to anyone who will read this, I would think other people are finding some sort of amusement to pass the time.   Yet… I need to make the call. 

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” Psalm 139:23 NIV   Yep, I prayed, not these exact words, but I prayed.  Then, I made the call.

It’s all good.  What was I worried about?  Why do I create anxiety where there should be none?  It is just plain silly to fret over things that do not matter in the grand scheme of things.  Where was my faith?  Well, it just got tested.  It’s about time I start trusting in that which I claim to believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment