Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ode to Valentine's Day...



Feb One Four lost its luster and its shine
Because this year I have no valentine
No cards adorned, all glittery and aglow
No serenade from the street below
No flowers
No candy
No kitten in box
No presents
No love notes
No stone cold fox
Winged cherubs without clothes
Aim their arrows and their bows
At the discontented masses
Seeking love before it passes
But so what?
Who cares?
What difference does it make?
It’s all good
I’m content
A changed direction I can take
There’s more to my life
Than some crazy lovelorn strife
Wake up!  Find your sense and your bearing
Or it’s cupid’s arrow you’ll be wearing
Farewell to you valentine’s day
I pine for you no longer
All the years you had a say
But this year I’m much stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment